Podcast 306: The Trauma of Betrayal, Part 2: Recovering from Trauma
Tim & Sharon Tedder address the trauma of betrayal in two podcasts. In Part 2, they consider the unique challenges in dealing with this kind of trauma, then Sharon explains some of the therapeutic options available to help in recovery and Tim leads the listener through three thought exercises that can be helpful in healing. [See also: Trauma of Betrayal Part 1]
- Introduction (0:00)
- The Unique Challenges of Betrayal Trauma (1:25)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (15:35)
- Exercise 1: Objectifying Your Thoughts (16:52)
- EMDR (21:30)
- Exercise 2: Changing the Channel (28:12)
- Group Therapy (29:30)
- Exercise 3: Turning Cages Into Clouds (29:30)
- Yoga and Mindfulness (32:13)
- Ending (38:22)
Episode 306 Resources
- 3 Trauma Recovery Exercises (PDF Download)
- Brene Brown (author/speaker): Start with this video & discussion guide.
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk MD.
- Just One Thing by Rick Hanson.
Music used in this podcast: Ever Mindful and Sunshine by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License, http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/