"Mindful Self-Compassion" Group Course
EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT in effect through February 28.
Led by Sharon Tedder, participants will work through The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook. Each chapter includes instructional readings, journaling exercises and meditations to strengthen your practice of mindfulness and self compassion and help you work through shame, waning self worth, and the frustrations of troubled relationships. For 10 Thursdays, beginning March 14, the group will all meet online for discussion and encouragement. Additionally, participants should allow for daily personal practice time during the course. Group Size: 5-10 participants.
Meeting Times: 10 Thursdays, beginning March 14, from 6:30 to 7:45 PM (U.S. Eastern Time; 3:30-4:45 PM Pacific Time).
Format: Online Video Conferencing. Participation requires the use of a smartphone, tablet, or desktop with camera and microphone. A reliable internet connection will help assure a smooth experience.
Cost: $20/session - $200 total paid at time of registration. Register by February 28 for the early-bird discount: $175. Does not include the workbook, purchased separately at a cost of approximately $13. [Buy on Amazon.]
- Participant Introductions and Chapter 1: Overview by group facilitator, Sharon Tedder. Group will work together through Chapter 1 (What is Self Compassion?) so all participants get a feel for what their solitary practice might look like during the week.
- Chapters 2-4: What Self Compassion is Not, Benefits of Self Compassion, and The Physiology of Self-Criticism and Self Compassion. Participants will have worked through these three chapters during the week, and come to group ready to share and deepen their knowledge.
- Chapters 5-7: The Yin and Yang of Self Compassion, Mindfulness, and Letting Go of Resistance.
- Chapters 8-10: Backdraft, Developing Loving-Kindness, and Loving-Kindness for Ourselves.
- Chapters 11-12: Self-Compassionate Motivation, and Self-Compassion and Our Bodies.
- Chapters 13-14: Stages of Progress, and Living Deeply.
- Chapters 15-17: Being There For Others Without Losing Ourselves, Meeting Difficult Emotions, and Self-Compassion and Shame.
- Chapters 18-19: Self-Compassion in Relationships, and Self-Compassion for Caregivers.
- Chapters 20-21: Self-Compassion and Anger in Relationships, and Self-Compassion and Forgiveness.
- Chapters 22-24: Embracing the Good, Self-Appreciation, and Taking It Forward. Sharon will lead the group in closing discussion, sharing final thoughts & encouragements for everyone as the course ends.